Flickinger Learning Center’s mission is to provide educational opportunities for learners of all races, beliefs and abilities for stronger individuals and a healthier community.
The after school program is for Academically and behaviorally at-risk children in our community.
Students in our program practice reading and math skills in a positive and supportive environment that is conducive to learning. We also provide a substantial snack, movement breaks and specialized classes such as arts & crafts, financial literacy, STEM, and social skills.
Studies confirm that children who suffer from hunger have difficulty concentrating and learning. At Flickinger Learning Center, we tackle both problems at the same time believing to educate them, we must first cater to their most basic needs. Each program day begins with a movement break and snack.
The After-school Program goal is to dramatically increase the engagement of the children of our district. By taking action now, we expect an immediate impact in these children’s lives and accomplishments.
- Maintain our current growth rates of approximately 10% faster in reading
- Increase family involvement and available educational opportunities
- Increase community awareness and involvement
- Increase attendance and engagement for students in the school environment
- Decrease behavioral referrals
We also promote duplication of our After-School Program. The new in-school locations are the first step in that process.
Children in the program receive:
- Homework help
- Support and encouragement from adult mentors
- a snack and movement break every day
- A safe and fun learning environment